A Little About Me

If you are coming to my Blog I bet you would like to know a little about the person behind it all. But lets get this one little thing out in the open first, I am totally new to this so bare with me as I learn the ropes to all this blogging stuff. If I had to guess when my love for cooking really started to take shape it would have to be after meeting my wife. The two of us have grown to love food and expand our mind and palettes in ways neither of us thought possible. I have always loved food and was fortunate to have grown up with a mother who is not only a wonderful cook but an amazing baker as well, so I have her to thank for the knack that I now have for cooking and baking. When I first started to get into cooking I was leery of baking anything as it can be so temperamental sometimes. But once I started doing it, and was not longer afraid of it, I have come to love baking things just as much as cooking dishes. My newest passion in the kitchen is bread making. I eat sandwiches every day for lunch at work and do so now on entirely home made bread. I have given up store bought sandwich bread all together and have enjoyed every minute I have spent in the kitchen baking the various breads I get to eat. There is nothing more inviting than a house that is filled with the aromas of freshly baked breads. And once you can get past the fear that most have about baking breads it is so rewarding that you will find yourself making excuses just so you can make some. I am now one of those that likes to try and always keep a simple recipe of dough in the fridge for any occasion that might come up so I can just cut off a piece and throw it in the oven and have fresh bread only minutes later, and I also keep it around for when we feel like having some home made pizza (which I will have recipes for)! In the past I used to like junk food and fast food and all that but have change my way of life in the eating department and have shed lots of weight and am much healthier and happier because of it. I totally believe you can have good food and drink and be healthy at the same time, all in moderation after all. With this change in not only my life but my wife's as well my love of cooking has grown quite a bit over the last few years and I have learned so much and tried so many things. These last few months I have had a strong feeling of wanting to share my experiences and knowledge of the things I have made and experienced. Given how connected we are as a society now a days there is no easier way to share with everyone than the internet and a blog. I frequent several other food centric blogs and blog repository sites where people submit their blogs. I will do my very best to provide new posts on at least a weekly basis to start and then more frequently as time goes on and time permits  I want to be able to actively participate in all my posts to be able to answer questions you all might have or to provide you with some tips and/or tricks to make things easier in the kitchen. And I will also try and have posts that are centered around little things in the kitchen that can make your culinary adventure's easier. So thank you so much for taking the time to read my little intro and I will have my first recipe post up this coming weekend for a bread I like to make.

Sincerely,

Mark

Comments

Popular Posts